WordPress dominates market share from the top 10,000
WordPress dominates market share from the top 10,000 sites market
WordPress dominates market share from the top 10,000. New data reveals the content management system with WordPress leading with an exceptionally remarkable share. When you discuss brands that dominate the market, you probably remember Google, Facebook, and Amazon. Likewise, it won’t surprise you that WordPress is dominant when it comes to the CSM market share.
What could surprise you is how surprised.
How the measurement of market share
Giga Press used the Alexa Top Sites, which determined Alexa Traffic Rank, the top 10,000 websites in the globe.
From here, a script was used to determine the type of CMS used by each site on more than 900 recognized systems.
Results of Market Share
The majority of top sites were predicted to utilize a private bespoke content management system, and the study confirms that with 7,612 (76.12%) top sites utilizing a CMS which is not open to the public. However, WordPress was the platform of choice for 1,057 of the top sites using a publicly available content management system (10.57 percent ).
This indicates that WordPress has a CMS market share of 44.26 percent.
- All others Have a 26.64 percent share of the market.
- Adobe Experience Manager – market share of 8.54 percent.
- Joomla – market share of 2.21 percent.
- Bloggers – 1.88% market share.
- Umbraco Has a market share of 1.75%.
- DataLife Engine – 1.72% share of the market.
- SiteCore – market share of 1.68 percent.
- Shop – 1.68% market share.
A Little Deeper Digging
On the top 1,000 websites that were discovered using the publicly available content management system, WordPress remained at the top with a 31.21 percent interest. In this study, the margins for the runner-ups were a bit tighter compared to the larger sample.
Interestingly, the ranking of the brands differs from the larger analysis:
- All Others – market share of 24.11 percent.
- Adobe Experience Manager Has a market share of 16.31 percent.
- Drupal – market share of 11.35%.
- Umbraco – market share of 7.09%.
- Arc Publishing – market share of 2.84 percent.
- GitHub Pages – market share of 1.42 percent.
- Shop – 1.42% market share.
- Bloggers – 1.42% market share.
What does it mean to your WordPress site?
In the 18 years since WordPress was founded, the platform has been an immensely popular choice for any website. This research announced as an ideal choice for new and smaller companies, emphasizes that it is also a trusted and popular choice amongst many major brands.
This implies that an investment in a WordPress site would be considerably longer than you would anticipate for your marketing journey. Of course, the site must be continuously updated and adjusted to support expansion and keep up to speed with Google Algorithm changes, but the platform may continue to work effectively even if your website’s popularity rises substantially.